Easy fundraising to help the choir
Give As You Live enables charities to receive money extracted as a small percentage from participating retail sales you make on the internet. These retail firms include Amazon, M&S, eBay, Tesco and over 4100 other companies.
Monmouth Choral Society is already registered with Give As You Live. This is how the scheme works:
- The first time you use the Give As You Live scheme you must register. All you do is go to the website link with Monmouth Choral Society, which is https://www.giveasyoulive.com/join/monmouth-choral-society – you simply have to give your name and a couple of details, none of which is confidential.
- You are given easy-to-understand information about the organisation, the money so far raised and an idea of what institutions benefit.
- When you wish to purchase something, say, through M&S, you go to the Give As You Live website through the link above and then choose the outlet through which you wish to make your purchase (for example M&S). You are then automatically forwarded to the usual M&S website and you make your purchase in the normal way.
- Subsequently you will receive an email telling you how much you have contributed to Monmouth Choral Society. I, as Treasurer, am informed every month how much in total has been contributed by members, but am not told who, individually, has contributed what.
- Periodically, you will receive emails from Give As You Live informing you of current bargains. If, for example, you change your energy supplier or insurance company, or wish to book holidays or have grocery deliveries, please book via Give As You Live and you will be making a particularly valuable contribution to our finances. It is a brilliant scheme and is completely transparent.
You lose nothing and the retailer has made a charitable contribution … to us! Please do use this scheme for your internet purchases.
Mike Bradley (Hon. Treasurer)
Thanks to our supporters we've raised over £497.61 in FREE funds from 43 subscribers. Not a Give As You Live member yet? Sign up now and start earning free donations when you shop at 4000+ top retailers.